Monday, April 14, 2008

Playing with Tournament Dollars

Played a little bit on Sunday, first tried to take $109 tournament dollars and turn it into a ME satellite seat. To say I was card dead would be the understatement of the year, as the best hand I got was pocket 9's twice, and both times the flop came with 3 overcards to my pair. I lasted an impressive 45 hands, winning only 2, and seeing only 5 flops. Being that card dead I still managed to outlast 37 other donkeys. I then took my other Tier Two token, and played a satellite into the $750 Guarentee (which I already knew I would cash out of if I won it). With 31 places paying, I was in a world of trouble when I was 42nd of 42 left. This went for a while, and everyone started playing tight when we got to 35th. I started pushing my good hands, stealing blinds usually twice each time around the board. This eventually put me up to 25th with 32 left, so I just sat on my chips and waited until the last person finally got bounced. Another $216 in touranment dollars, so that runs me to about $350 now, enough for one Bracelet Race and almost enough for a 2nd one.

1 comment:

lightning36 said...

Dang - I'm gonna have to have you tutor me on building up my T$ in these things ...