Friday, June 22, 2007

Fifty-Fifty on Fult Tilt

Love this new tournament Full Tilt has started. $50 buy-in, $50,000 minimum payout. I was able to satellite in from a $8 tournament, taking some bad beats but holding on and doubling up twice around bubble time to move myself safely into the tournament.

The tournament itself had its share of donkeys. The first hour was donkeyfest, watching people going all-in with almost nothing. I survived that and went into the 2nd hour with 2,600 chips, and stayed about there most of the hour until this: Pocket 6s, blinds 100/200, I make it 400 and get two callers. Flop comes down 2d 6d 7s. Player to my right bets 600 of his 1100 left, so I make it 1200, get called by BOTH, putting them both all in. Player to my right literally has nothing, the player to my left turns over Ad 7d. How you put ALL you chips in with top pair and a flush draw in a $50 buy-in tournament is beyond me. Needless to say, a diamond fell on the river, and with the board not pairing, I get crippled down to 1100 myself. I managed to work it back up to 3500 in the third hour with some serious grinding, but with blinds at 300/600, and me being the short stack by FAR at my table, I eventually go to push or get blinded out, and my push didnt work. Not bad though, and definately a tournament I will look forward to playing again. Saw Hoy and Iak were in it also, have to check their blogs and see how they did.

No comments: