Monday, March 26, 2007

Near final table in Bracelet Race

Worked a good part of Sunday afternoon to turn one of my $26 tokens into a $75 token to play in the 9:30 PM Bracelet Race ($1500 buy-in at WSOP and $500 cash). I ended up losing 3 tokens to do it, but one another one back in a $6.00 + $0.60 SnG, so I am actually only down 2 token to win 1. I got to play in the tournament, and got Pocket Kings early and was able to double up. I however never really got much above that point, playing a very tight game. With 91 players starting, there were 3 seats to be won, plus 3 cash prizes after that. I last through two breaks, finally having to push my last 4000 chips with blinds at 400/800 with a reasonable but not killer hand. Was knocked out in 13th place, fairly good considering I was low chip stack from the time we hit about 25th place on. I have a littel more confidence in my play, and think that with the good tight play and a decent run of cards I may have a chance at this yet. I am taking a few days off to work around the house and study accounting, back to playing probably on Thursday, plus late night on Friday.

No comments: