Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Bodog Blogger and Skill Games

Semi-live blogging of my tournaments, as I think I would better remember the hands if I wrote as I played. I maade a great fold in the first 15 minutes of the Bodog tourament, as I was dealt QQ, and after a Jack high flop that I get 2/3 pot, I was raised and re-raised. I folded, and my opponents turned over AA and a flopped straight. Was dealt AA and KK in consecutive hands, with the AA getting me 2,000 chips, the KK only 300. Managed to lose chips down to 2,200 with a pair against turned trips by Bayne. Probably should have known better against him. Sucked out big time when my JJ went up against AA, and flopped a J. The two outer for him never came, and so I am up over 5,000 chips now. Lost 1,700 of it back when a flush draw hits on the river to beat my QQ. Blinds are eating away at my chip stacks, as I am down to 2,500 chips with blinds 150/300. Push with KQsuited on a K high flop netted me 1,200 more chips, so a little more to play with. At the 2nd break, I am 11th in chips with 11 left, need to last at least one more to get tournament dollars for the next tournament. Made final table, but slow blinding out as a complete lack of any playable cards. KQo push got no callers. K10 call of PokerPeakers push flopped trip 10s and a King on the turn gave me the boat to double up. Finally knocked out in 7th, when my K9suited did not outrace 77.

Also gained 1,000 chips early in the Pot Limit Omaha with AA, but lost 2/3 of it back when my flush was rivered by a boat, by Waffles! A10 < AQ, but only lost about 350 chips, and still above my starting stack. My KQ flops two pair and turns a full boat to get me above 4,000 again in the Skill Game on the last hand before the break.
Very quiet 2nd hour has been about 5,500 chips at the 2nd break, in 10th place with 15 players left. A8suited managed to river a flush, and got the 2nd place in chips to call and get me over 9,000 chips. Played a few good hands, got sucked out one once, and am sitting at 11,000 chips with 6 people left, 5 get paid. Got totally sucked out by a runner runner flush by chipleader BuddyDank when I had the best hand going in to lost on the bubble.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great website you have here but I was wanting to know if you knew of any user discussion forums that cover the same topics talked about in this article?

I'd really like to be a part of community where I can get comments from other experienced people that share the same interest. If you have any recommendations, please let me know. Kudos!

Also visit my website books of ra online