Friday, March 11, 2011

Quick Update - WSOP Circuit Events - Atlantic City

I know I havent updated much lately, have been very busy with work and family. We decided to take a quick vacation for the last weekend of the WSOP Circuit Events, and I played in the last Mega-Satellite to the WSOP-C Main Event. Got 97 players, which then paid out 19 seats and cash for 20th place. Tough going early, as I won only 4 hands in the first 4 blind levels, with 89off in the small blind actually winning with just a pair 9's, 49off winning in the big blind by turning a straight against 3 other players, and my 99 and KK both holding up for my only two pocket pairs early. By level 6 I was down to 6 BB when I got AK, and pushed and got two callers (one all in). The all-in was short and had nothing, the other player had AK also, and we ended up chopping the pot. A few hand later I got AA, and pushed against the same guy that had AK previously, who called with JJ. I floped an Ace, but had got a flush draw on the turn, and he got there on the river. As I was getting up, it was pointed out that the club that fell also paired the board, giving me a boat and new life. From there I rode my average stack to a seat in the WSOP-C Main Event, and play that today starting at 12 Noon!

2 comments: