Monday, May 3, 2010

Weekend Poker

Played more then my usual amount of online poker this weekend. Started on Saturday, when I decided to give a Rush Tournament a change at 8 PM. What an unbelieveable thing that was. Played my tight-semi aggresive game, and it paid off well for me, plus didnt have to invest a huge amount of time. There were over 850 players, and I actually lasted 2 3/4 hours. In usual tournament that would not have gotten me much, but in the rush tournament, I ended up seeing 712 hands (yes, that is correct), and finally went out in 17th place when my AK couldnt catch up against KK.
Sunday of course meant the BBT5 Invitational, which I lasted a while, but got knocked out by QueensUp when he flopped two Aces with his AK call of my QQ reraise. I got my money in ahead (AIPF), so I am happy with how it ended up. At the same time I was playing the $15K SuperStack (A new favorite of mine - $10 buy-in, 5000 chips, very nice blind structure). Actually was up to 2nd in chips just as we hit the cash, but my QQ vs KK lost 1/3 of my stack soon after that, and blinded down to the average stack when I finally pushed my KQ on a K high flop, and got called by K2, who proceeded to turn the 2 and get my chips for me to go out 104th of 2400+. All in all, I was happy with how I played this weekend, getting my money in good almost every time, and have some well placed aggression to work on my stealing of blinds and pots that I would not have won otherwise, which has previously been a weaker part of my game.

4 comments:

lightning36 said...

Sometimes I think I'd rather just be really crappy but super lucky. Moral victories only carry me so far.

Anonymous said...

A humankind begins icy his wisdom teeth the earliest often he bites off more than he can chew.

Anonymous said...

To be a adroit human being is to have a kind of openness to the mankind, an ability to guardianship uncertain things beyond your own manage, that can take you to be shattered in hugely exceptionally circumstances for which you were not to blame. That says something very impressive about the condition of the honest passion: that it is based on a trustworthiness in the uncertain and on a willingness to be exposed; it's based on being more like a plant than like a treasure, something somewhat feeble, but whose mere item attraction is inseparable from that fragility.

Anonymous said...

Distress ferments the humors, casts them into their adapted channels, throws bad redundancies, and helps species in those confidential distributions, without which the fuselage cannot subsist in its vigor, nor the incarnation act with cheerfulness.