Saturday, August 11, 2007

FTOPS Event #3

Managed to win my way into Event #3 via the $50 qualifer that I had won a seat in over the weekend. Played ok in that, but nothing spectacular, just enough to get into Event #3.
I played a mostly tight and smart game, occasionally having to push when I was under the average stack, and for the most part it worked out for me. I had two incredible suckout early that got me in a position to cash, which I did finally do!! My first cash in on of them events!! When the bubble finally burst I was sitting around 7,000 chips, which was about 1/3 of the average stack. I opened up my hand requirements a bit of that, and managed to get some good flops and a couple of good reads too. The final result: 88th Place. $535.36! My largest pure cash, and secong biggest score ever next to the WSOP $2,000 Package I won in June.