Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Monday at the Hoy Bubble

Only played one thing Monday night, and that was the 1st Monday at the Hoy on Full Tilt. Since it was moved there as part of the Blogger Tournaments series, and the buy-in was a token, I thought I would give it a shot. I was surprise to see that 47 people were in it, especially at that high of a buy-in. I played ultra-tight, and my first playable hand came when I was down under 1000 chip with pocket 9s, which doubled me up just above my starting stack. By the time we got down to 18, I was last in chips, where I stayed most of the time, but managed to bounce up and back and made the final table. The tournament paid 6, so of course I end up all in with blinds at 300/600 and my stack at 2300 chips with A8o. I got called by A6o, and for four cards it was looking great, but the three outer hit on the river, and IGH in 7th. So frustrating, I played great and just missed a minimum $68 payday.

No comments: